Fire is a natural phenomenon. The tamed fire is a friend of mankind, it brings light and warmth to people, and promotes the progress of human civilization and society. But if the fire is out of control, it will cause huge losses to people's lives and property. According to statistics: In 1997, there were more than 140,000 fires in China, with more than 7,000 casualties, and 8% of them were caused by children playing with fire. It can be seen how important it is for us to know some knowledge about preventing fire accidents and reducing and preventing fires.
I. Common fire fighting methods
1. Extinguish with water. Fires such as wood and paper can be extinguished with water. Sprinkle water directly on combustibles to extinguish the flame. Wet flammable materials near the ignition point with water to cool them down;
2. Extinguish with other tools. Cover SARS, wet quilts, clothes, etc. on the surface of the burning object to isolate it from the air and stop the combustion. At the same time, brooms and clothes can also be used as tools to extinguish small fires;
3. Fire isolation. Remove combustibles near the point of fire to prevent the fire from spreading;
4. Use a fire extinguisher to extinguish the fire.
Second, commonly used fire extinguishers
1. Dry powder fire extinguisher. This fire extinguisher is named after the cylinder is filled with dry powder fire extinguishing agent. It is mainly suitable for extinguishing liquid fires, live equipment fires, and especially for gas fires. It is not suitable for extinguishing precision instrument fires;
2. Foam fire extinguisher. Fire extinguishers using spray foam to extinguish fires are mainly suitable for extinguishing oil fires, such as gasoline, kerosene, vegetable oil, etc. Fires caused by accidents; not suitable for extinguishing fires of live equipment and gas fires;
3. Carbon dioxide fire extinguisher. Use vaporized carbon dioxide gas for fire fighting. It is suitable for extinguishing fires in books, archives, precision instruments, and valuable equipment. Because it is non-conductive, it can extinguish fires of live equipment.
When a gas cooker catches fire
1. Immediately close the air inlet valve and cut off the air source;
2. When the LPG cylinder catches fire, you can use a wet towel or wet foam cloth to cover the ignition point, and at the same time close the angle valve on the cylinder quickly;
3. Prevent burns when closing the angle valve;
4. During the fire extinguishing process, do not overturn the gas cylinder to avoid greater danger;
5. Dry powder fire extinguishing agent can be used to extinguish the fire.